How to Pay Land Rent on Ardhisasa: A Step-by-Step Guide
Learn how to pay your land rent efficiently on Ardhisasa, the National Land Information Management System. Streamline your financial obligations today!
In today's digital age, the Kenyan government has embraced technology to enhance service delivery to its citizens. Among the various online platforms designed to streamline processes and improve accessibility is Ardhisasa, the National Land Information Management System (NLMS). Developed jointly by the Ministry of Land and Physical Planning (MoLPP) and the National Land Commission (NLC), Ardhisasa offers a user-friendly way to interact with land-related information and complete various land-related transactions from the comfort of your home or office.
Let us get started.
Ardhisasa and its Services
Ardhisasa, the National Land Information Management System (NLMS), is a digital hub for land-related data, facilitating efficient administration and management of land issues across Kenya. This platform was developed to provide citizens, stakeholders, and interested parties with a convenient way to access land information and carry out transactions without intermediaries, reducing the risk of fraud.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Land Registration: The platform facilitates tasks like applying for cautions and restrictions, registration of executors, leases (both short and long-term), and registration of title deeds.
- Land Administration: This section covers aspects such as paying land rents, subdivision of land, lease preparation, renewal and extension, and changes in land rights.
- Physical Planning: Planning services for different land uses and issuing compliance certificates for development projects that adhere to specified guidelines are available.
- Survey and Mapping: Subdivision, amalgamation, issuance of grants and allotment letters, and surveying activities are all part of this service.
- Land Valuation: This service focuses on valuing land for asset valuation, government land leasing or purchase, estate administration, and arbitration purposes.
- Adjudication and Settlement: Ardhisasa also aids in resolving land disputes through adjudication and settlement services.
- Land Allocation: Users can access land allocation services, a function managed by the National Land Commission.
Step-by-Step Guide to Paying Land Rent on Ardhisasa
Paying your land rent on Ardhisasa is a straightforward process, allowing you to manage your financial obligations conveniently. Follow these steps to make your payment:
Step 1: Account Registration and Login
1.1 Visit the official Ardhisasa website: ardhisasa.lands.go.ke.
1.2 If you're a registered user, log into your account using your Ardhisasa ID/ID number, password, and OTP sent to your phone. Register an account following the on-screen instructions if you're new to the platform.
Step 2: Accessing Land Rent Payment Services
2.1 Once logged in, navigate to the "Services" section on the website.
2.2 Under the "Land Administration" category, click "Land Rent."
Step 3: Initiating Land Rent Payment
3.1 On the Land Rent page, locate and click the "Pay Land Rent" option.
3.2 In the subsequent search section, enter your Title Number in the prescribed format (Registration Unit/Registration Section/Parcel Number).
3.3 Pending payments associated with the provided Title Number will be displayed.
Step 4: Making the Payment
4.1 Under the "Actions" column, click the "Pay" button corresponding to the payment you wish to complete.
4.2 Choose your preferred payment method—either M-Pesa or M-Pesa Express.
4.3 Follow the instructions provided to finalize the payment.
Step 5: Confirmation and Completion
5.1 Upon successful payment, you'll receive a payment confirmation message on your phone.
5.2 Click on the "Confirm" button to conclude the transaction.
5.3 The payment will be promptly reflected in your Ardhisasa account.
Step 6: Obtaining the Clearance Certificate
6.1 To validate your payment and secure proof of payment, you can download the Clearance Certificate directly from the platform or print it.
- Working Days/Hours: Mon - Fri / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Address: Ardhi House, Off Ngong Rd: P.O. Box 30450-00100, Nairobi,Kenya.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 0746 962239 /0794 067815 - Safaricom
Ardhisasa is a testament to Kenya's commitment to enhancing citizen experiences and promoting transparency in land-related matters. Through this user-friendly platform, paying land rent becomes hassle-free, enabling you to manage your obligations efficiently. The steps outlined in this guide ensure you can confidently navigate Ardhisasa and make your land rent payments effortlessly. Should you encounter any queries or require assistance, Ardhisasa's customer care desk is available to help, exemplifying the government's dedication to offering accessible and reliable services to all citizens.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is Ardhisasa?
Ardhisasa is the National Land Information Management System (NLMS) developed by the Ministry of Lands and the National Land Commission. It simplifies the capture, management, and analysis of land-related data, making land transactions more accessible.
What services does Ardhisasa offer?
Ardhisasa offers a comprehensive array of services, including land registration, administration, physical planning, surveying, valuation, adjudication, settlement, and land allocation.
How do I register on Ardhisasa?
Individual registration involves:
- Visiting the Ardhisasa platform.
- Clicking "REGISTER."
- Selecting "Individual Registration."
- Providing the necessary details and setting a password.
Company registration follows a similar process.
How do I perform an online land search through Ardhisasa?
Log into your Ardhisasa account, select "Search Property" on the dashboard, enter the title deed number and required information, submit the form, pay, and await verification.
What is the cost of a land search on Ardhisasa?
A land search costs Ksh 500 and can be paid through M-PESA, ATM card, or credit card via the integrated payment platform on Ardhisasa.
How does Ardhisasa contribute to digital transformation?
Ardhisasa demonstrates how technology can enhance government services, providing citizens with accessible, efficient, and secure land-related solutions in the digital age.