Bedbugs: How to get rid of them and control services in Kenya
Because bedbugs are resistant to specific treatments, they are making a comeback in even the cleanest houses
Bedbugs have a negative impact on the health and quality of life of the people who live there. They sting them and cause them a lot of anxiety, in addition to stinging them. Do you have any doubts that these insects are present in your home? The following are some criteria for correctly identifying these little animals:
- A bed insect can be seen with the naked eye. It is around the size of an apple seed as an adult, measuring between 4 and 7 millimeters.
- Because of the blood they consume, bedbugs have a reddish-brown appearance.
- They don't jump, fly, and move like ants.
- Bed bugs are active at night and are commonly found in rooms, mattresses, and box springs.
- Bedbug faeces can leave little black patches on the linens
- White eggs, placed in clusters, are also left by bedbugs.
A few preventive actions can be taken to prevent bedbugs from entering your home. If you're buying used clothes or furniture, for example, be sure they're free of bedbugs. When traveling, be cautious: don't leave your clothes on the hotel bed or in the drawers; double-check your suitcase and its contents when you return. If you live in a shared apartment, seal the cracks in the walls.
Bedbug bites have profound implications
The bed bug is a biting insect of Cimex lectularius that feeds on human blood. Bedbugs, which were abundant in dwellings around the turn of the twentieth century, began to decline after WWII, owing to increased hygiene and the usage of insecticides. On the other hand, bedbugs have been making a resurgence in affluent countries since the 1990s, independent of hygiene.
You are bitten by bedbugs while sleeping. These bites cause various symptoms, depending on the individual: tiny red pimples, itching, redness, and even allergic reactions. Make sure you don't mix them up with flea or mosquito bites. Do not hesitate to see your doctor, who may prescribe anti-itch therapy. To prevent being infected, try not to scratch oneself. The presence of bedbugs can also cause anxiety and sleep problems, so it is essential to treat this problem effectively.
How to get rid of bedbugs
To get rid of bedbugs, you can turn to a certified professional who will take care of treating your home according to current standards. There are also several fumigation services in Kenya where you can resort to finding help
- GM Fumigation and Pest Control Services in Nairobi and Kiambu
- Jopestkil Fumigation and Pest Control Services Nairobi
- ALPHA ECOLOGICAL PEST CONTROL Services
- Best pest control
- Imagine Care
If you treat your home with insecticides yourself, you risk exposing yourself to dangerous products. In addition, bedbugs are sometimes resistant to certain products. If you are a tenant of your accommodation, inform your landlord. Here are the best bedbug sprays:
- Ortho Home Defense Bed Bug Killer
- Bedlam Plus
- rest easy Bed Bug Spray