Fuliza Mpesa: Everything you need to know about Fuliza services from Safaricom
Safaricom has been a key player in changing the lives of Most Kenyans throughout the years. The Telco provider has several services that benefit many individuals in the country. To mention a few, we have the M-Pesa services such as Mshwari and the Fuliza Mpesa services, the subject of this article today.
Fuliza Mpesa is a Safaricom Loan service launched in 2019 as an overdraft service backed by NCBA bank of Kenya. According to the Business Sustainability Report of 2021, the overdraft service recorded more than Sh351.2 billion in profits. Not to be confused with other loans given by the mobile operator such as Sharia loans, KCB to Mpesa, or even Mshwari, Fuliza Mpesa is more of a loan service whereby you are permitted to access a small amount of money to help you cover an overdraw on your account.
Let us get started
Requirements for using Fuliza M-Pesa
- You must be using an active Safaricom Mpesa enabled Simcard
- You must register for Fuliza for you to access the Fuliza loan
- Your Safaricom line must have been in use for the past six months before registration
- Your SIM card must have also transacted M-Pesa Money
- CRB should not blocklist you
- We also recommend going through Safaricom fuliza terms and conditions
how to register for fuliza M-Pesa service
- On your smartphone, dial *234#
- Select Fuliza M-PESA option
- Select Yes to Opt-in
Also, the New my Safaricom Application(New M-Pesa App). You can also achieve the same process:
- On your Mpesa App,Tap on Trasanct
- Navigate to the Financial services section and select FULIZA
- You can also use the search bar and search for fuliza
- Select fuliza and Tap on continue
- Select View Fuliza Dashboard to view your fuliza limit and other transaction information.
- Remember that Fuliza M-Pesa fees are subject to change at Safaricom's sole discretion.
how to withdraw from fuliza
Let's hit the nail on the head about this particular segment. The answer is No, as it is impossible to withdraw your Fuliza amount(Limit). On the other hand, when you think about it, the only way to achieve the process is by trying to send the amount to another Safaricom number. This is called Fuliza for another number, and the only catch is that you need to have less balance in your number during the process.
why is my fuliza limit 0
When we started with this guide, we listed some requirements to be met for you to use Fuliza services. When not all T&Cos are met, it results in a fuliza limit of 0.
How to buy credit with fuliza
There are two ways by which you can achieve the process. Let's see how but first thing first, you should be low on balance in your account.
Using Buy Airtime Option
- Go to your Mpesa menu
- Select Buy Airtime Option
- Select either your phone or another number that you wish to buy Airtime for
- Enter the amount of Airtime you wish to purchase
Safaricom will send you a notification in your inbox to inform you whether your transaction is a success or not
Using Paybill option
- Go to your M-Pesa option
- Select Lipa na M-Pesa option
- Navigate to the Paybill option and select it.
- For business number, input 737373 or 220220 (Both options work; don't freak out)
- For the account number field, enter the number that you want to buy credit for and click send
- Once again, Safaricom will send you a notification in your inbox to inform you whether your transaction is a success or not
fuliza interest rate
The overdraft service offers a loan anywhere from KSH(1-70,000), and the following are the interest rates offered.
|Band (KES)||Tariff (per day)||Promotional Tariff for 30 days from launch|
|0-100||KES 2.4||One-time fee of KES 0|
How to opt out of Fuliza
- Dial *234# on your Mobile
- Select Opt-out
- Confirm the process by tapping yes
- Notification will be sent to your mobile number to confirm the process