How to Apply for TSC Internship Jobs Online through the TSC Website (hrmis.tsc.go.ke)
Looking for teaching opportunities in Kenya? Learn how to apply for TSC Internship Jobs and start your journey towards becoming a teacher.
Are you a young and aspiring teacher in Kenya looking to kickstart your career in education? The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has recently announced a golden opportunity for you. They are set to hire 10,300 intern teachers to alleviate the strain on public primary and secondary schools. Of these vacancies, 4,300 are for primary school teachers, while 6,000 are for secondary school educators. However, the application process may seem intricate at first glance. Don't worry; we're here to guide you through applying for TSC Internship jobs online through the TSC website (hrmis.tsc.go.ke).
Eligibility for TSC Intern Teachers Application
Before you dive into the application process, it's crucial to ensure that you meet the necessary qualifications. Here are the key requirements, duration, and remunerations for these intern positions:
TSC Interns' Requirements
To be eligible for these positions, you must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Possess valid and original professional and academic certificates.
- Be unemployed and not previously contracted permanently by the TSC.
- Be a registered teacher as per the TSC Act of 2012.
- For primary school teaching positions, hold at least a P1 certificate. Secondary school tutor applicants should have a diploma in education as a minimum requirement.
- Be prepared to be employed and posted to any school in Kenya where your services are required.
- Have personal accident insurance cover to mitigate any risks and losses during your tenure.
- Possess a national identity card or passport and a copy of a valid KRA PIN certificate.
- Provide two colored passport photographs.
- Present your TSC registration certificate.
Internship Duration and Remunerations
The internship positions will last for 12 months. Although these positions are not paid, TSC will provide secondary school teachers with a stipend of Ksh. 15,000 per month, while primary school teachers will receive Ksh. 10,000 per month. This salary will be subject to statutory deductions, if applicable.
Caution to Applicants
It's essential to emphasize that there should be no payment required to apply for the TSC intern recruitment posts. The application process is entirely free and fair. Be cautious of con artists and fraudsters who might request money to assist in recruitment. However, remember that legitimate fees may be associated with using certain services, such as internet access.
TSC Internship Application Process
Now that you know the eligibility criteria, let's delve into the application process. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to apply for TSC Internship jobs online through the TSC HRMIS portal:
Logging in to the TSC Recruitment Portal for Interns
- Open your preferred web browser on your laptop or desktop computer. Popular browsers like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge suit this task.
- Go to the HRMIS login page on the official TSC website.
- Sign in to HRMIS by entering your login name and password, then click "OK" to log in.
- Click on "Career" in the top menu. You'll find this option at the top of the page, and it's the gateway to teachers' recruitment and internship.
- Choose "Apply for Teachers' Recruitment/Internship" from the drop-down list that appears.
Key Information Required for Application
Before proceeding, ensure you have the following:
- A laptop or computer.
- An active internet connection.
- Basic computer skills.
- Your mobile phone as an SMS code will be sent to you by TSC.
- Approximately 5 to 10 uninterrupted minutes of your time.
Primary School Teachers Application Process
If you're applying for a primary school teaching position, follow these steps:
- After following the above seven steps, click "Apply/View" on the displayed screen. You'll see this option on the page.
- Fill in your details, including email, PTE points, disability status, home county, and graduation year.
- Choose your reference number from the drop-down menu, and some details will be filled in automatically. Click "OK" if the details are correct.
- A pop-up will appear, confirming that the information you provided is accurate. Click the "OK" button to proceed.
- You'll then see a summary of your application, displaying the counties and sub-counties you've applied to. TSC's recruitment guidelines allow you to make multiple applications in different counties and sub-counties.
Secondary School Teachers Online Application Process
For those applying for secondary school teaching positions, here's your guide:
- Follow the same steps mentioned earlier for logging into the TSC recruitment portal.
- Click the "Apply/View" button, and a screen for secondary school teacher applications will appear.
- Fill in your information, including your age, mobile number, graduation year, class, NCPWD number, and qualification.
- Choose your reference number from the drop-down menu to automatically populate some of your details.
- Specify the schools you wish to teach in by clicking the "+" button below the "Disability" section.
- Select your subjects, county, sub-county, and school from the pop-up that appears.
- Click the "OK" button to confirm your choices.
- Don't limit yourself to just one job; apply for multiple vacancies by repeating steps 4 to 6 for each one.
- Finally, confirm that you've provided accurate information to the best of your knowledge by clicking the "OK" option.
If you encounter any technical difficulties during the application process or have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to the TSC support team through the following contact details:
- Head office location: Kilimanjaro Avenue, Nairobi
- Phone number 1: 020 289 2193
- Phone number 2: 020 289 2131/32
- Email address: [email protected]
- Official website: tsc.go.ke
In conclusion, applying for TSC internship jobs online through the TSC website (homes.tsc.go.ke) is straightforward when you follow these steps. Remember to meet the eligibility requirements and avoid fraudulent individuals requesting money for the application. Your journey to becoming a teacher in Kenya starts here. Good luck!
Is there a fee to apply for TSC internship jobs?
No, the application process is entirely free. Beware of anyone requesting money for assistance with the application.
Can I apply for multiple positions in different counties/sub-counties?
Yes, you can make several applications in different counties and sub-counties.
What are the stipends for intern teachers?
Secondary school teachers will receive Ksh. 15,000 per month, while primary school teachers will receive Ksh. 10,000 per month during the internship.
How long does the internship last?
The internship positions have a duration of 12 months.
What should I do if I encounter technical difficulties during the application process?
Contact the TSC support team using the provided phone numbers and email address.
Where can I find more information about TSC and teaching in Kenya?
Visit the official TSC website at tsc.go.ke for comprehensive details on teaching in Kenya.
Is there a deadline for applications?
The application deadline may vary, so be sure to check the official TSC website for the latest updates.
What qualifications do I need to apply for a secondary school teaching position?
You will need a diploma or a relevant degree in education.