How to Sambaza Safaricom Airtime to Another Number
Learn how to effortlessly share your Safaricom airtime with others using the Sambaza feature. Stay connected with this comprehensive guide!
Sharing is caring, especially in today's connected world where staying in touch has never been more vital. Suppose you are a Safaricom user in Kenya. In that case, you have access to a Sambaza feature that allows you to effortlessly share your airtime credit with anyone using a Safaricom line. Whether it's a friend, family member, or even someone using a different network, Safaricom's Sambaza feature is designed to keep everyone connected. This comprehensive guide will detail how to Sambaza Safaricom airtime to another number using multiple methods.
Sambaza Safaricom Airtime: The Basics
What Is Sambaza?
Sambaza is a Swahili word that translates to "share." In this context, it's all about sharing your Safaricom airtime credit or internet bundles with others. Safaricom offers multiple ways to do this, all designed to be as straightforward as possible.
Limits and Restrictions
Before diving into the various methods, it's important to note some restrictions:
- You can send any amount between Ksh. 5 to Ksh. 10,000, with a minimum balance of Ksh. 5 remaining in your account.
- The maximum airtime you can send in a day is Ksh. 10,000.
- Airtime sent to another person cannot be reversed.
With these in mind, let's explore the different ways to Sambaza your airtime.
How to Sambaza Safaricom Airtime: Various Methods
1. Using USSD Codes
Safaricom provides several USSD codes to facilitate the sharing of airtime. Here's how:
*a. Using 140# Code
- Dial 140 Amount*Phone number you want to top up#
- Press the call button or OK.
*b. Using 100# Code
- Dial *100#
- Select "Products & Services"
- Choose "Sambaza Airtime"
- Enter the amount and phone number, and press Send or OK.
*c. Sambaza Airtime Using 456#
- Dial *456# and call
- Choose "Sambaza Airtime"
- Enter the phone number and amount, and press Send or OK.
2. Sambaza Airtime through SMS
- Draft a text message in the format: Amount#Number you want to top up.
- Send the text message to 140.
3. Sambaza Airtime Using Safaricom Sim Toolkit Menu
- From the Safaricom Menu, select My Account.
- Select Sambaza, then Prepay Sambaza (or otherwise).
- Enter the amount and Safaricom phone number you wish to Sambaza to.
- Send or press OK.
4. Share Airtime Through Safaricom App
- Download and install the MySafaricom app.
- Open the App, set your PIN, and log in.
- Tap on the Sambaza option, type the phone number and amount, then tap CONTINUE and accept to Sambaza.
How to Sambaza to Other Networks
Not only can you Sambaza Safaricom credit to other Safaricom numbers, but you can also Sambaza to other networks such as Airtel and Telkom using Lipa Na MPESA.
How to Sambaza Credit to Airtel and Telkom
- Follow the USSD, SMS, and STK routes, as mentioned earlier.
- Alternatively, utilize the MPESA App for seamless sharing across networks.
READ ALSO: How To Send Airtime From Safaricom To Airtel
The art of sharing airtime in Kenya has been simplified through Safaricom's Sambaza feature. Whether you want to share a small amount with a loved one or a substantial sum to keep a business running, the Sambaza feature is versatile, efficient, and user-friendly. From USSD codes to smartphone apps, the various methods cater to everyone's needs, even offering the ability to Sambaza across different networks. With the restrictions in mind and the step-by-step guides, staying connected through Sambaza is just a few taps away.
This article provides information on how to share Safaricom airtime through the Sambaza feature. It is intended for informational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional advice from Safaricom or other authorized service providers. Always refer to Safaricom's official channels for the most accurate and up-to-date information.