How to Start Selling on Kilimall: Registration and Agent Commissions
Start selling on Kilimall and take advantage of cost savings, a wide market reach, and quality assurance. Learn how to register and understand agent commissions today!
Are you looking to tap into Kenya's growing e-commerce market and start selling on Kilimall? Look no further! This comprehensive guide will walk you through the entire process, from Kilimall vendor registration to understanding agent commissions. Whether you're an individual or a business, selling on Kilimall can significantly boost your online sales. Let's dive in.
Kilimall: A Brief Introduction
Before we delve into the nitty-gritty of becoming a Kilimall seller, let's start with a brief overview of what Kilimall is and why it's an excellent platform for online sellers.
Kenya's e-commerce sector has grown substantially recently, with local and international platforms entering the market. One standout player in this arena is Kilimall, an online marketplace founded by Chinese national Yang Tao. The forum was established in response to the high cost of imported products in Kenya, driven by a complex supply chain with multiple intermediaries. Kilimall's mission is to leverage technology and the internet to reduce costs, making products more affordable for Kenyan consumers.
Kilimall boasts an impressive 200,000 customers and collaborates with 500 merchants who sell their products on the platform. These merchants include those with physical outlets and small-scale traders operating from their homes. Kilimall offers merchants the advantages of cost savings, access to a broader market, and free warehousing in Nairobi. For customers, Kilimall provides reduced prices, a wide variety of products, and quality assurance to ensure authenticity.
Seller Registration on Kilimall
Step 1: Basic Requirements
To begin your journey as a Kilimall seller, you must meet some basic requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Your business must be licensed, with the category matching your license.
- You must deal in legal products.
Step 2: Provide Business Information
To register on Kilimall's seller center, follow these steps:
- Visit the Kilimall Seller Center website and explore the benefits of becoming a seller.
- Click on the "Join Kilimall" button at the bottom of the page.
- If you're a Kenyan seller, select "I am a Kenyan seller and want to register as a local seller." Click "Join Kilimall."
- Complete the registration form by providing the following information:
- Username and strong password for your account security.
- Your first and last name.
- Valid phone number and email address (verify your phone number with an SMS code).
- If registering as a company, provide your company's name and upload a clear image of your business license.
- Enter your bank details, including account name, number, bank name, sub-branch (if applicable), and Swift code.
- Choose your shop type (Local shop for Kenyan sellers or Global shop for international sellers).
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click "Submit."
Step 3: Wait for Approval
After submitting your registration, your Kilimall seller account will undergo an audit. Once approved, you'll receive confirmation and a link to your new online Kilimall seller's account.
Requirements for Selling on Kilimall
To maintain a successful presence on Kilimall, it's essential to meet additional requirements:
- Sell only new products; second-hand or refurbished items are not permitted.
- Offer affordable pricing in line with market ranges.
- Provide proof of authorization for selling branded products (trademarks, patents, and other licenses).
- Keep your products well stocked, keeping your inventory supplied.
- Ensure your products align with Kilimall's defined categories.
Seller Management on Kilimall
Kilimall offers two fulfillment options for sellers:
- Fulfilled by Kilimall: Store your products in Kilimall's warehouses, and the platform will handle order fulfillment, saving you logistical hassles.
- Drop Shipping: Maintain your stock and fulfill customer orders yourself. Alternatively, Kilimall can pick up and deliver products on your behalf.
Becoming a Kilimall Agent
If you have ample storage space and want to become a Kilimall agent, follow these steps:
- Apply through the KiliAgent program based on the KiliExpress logistics platform.
- Provide legal documents, including a business permit, safety compliance certificate, and a valid ID card.
- Register and attach scanned copies of your business permit and ID card.
- Await confirmation within seven working days, and once approved, sign a partnership contract.
Kilimall Commission Program
Kilimall offers a commission program for sellers. Here's a brief overview:
- Kilimall provides up to 8% commissions on selling permitted products across various categories.
- Sellers can join the affiliate program and earn commissions for successful referrals.
What Can You Trade on Kilimall?
Kilimall allows trading in various categories, including phones, tablets, fashion products, home appliances, electronics, office equipment, kids' items, and automotive products.
Items You Cannot Sell on Kilimall
At the time of writing, Kilimall prohibits the sale of specific item categories, including medical items, adult toys, seditious materials, media publications, explosives, fireworks, pirated content, cigarettes, and tobacco.
Selling on Kilimall can be lucrative, especially if you offer in-demand products and excellent customer service. Please remember to maintain competitive pricing, stock your products, and make sure they align with Kilimall's categories. Reviews from satisfied customers can also enhance your sales potential. Now that you have a comprehensive guide on selling on Kilimall, it's time to embark on your e-commerce journey and tap into Kenya's flourishing online market.
In conclusion, Kilimall is not just an e-commerce platform; it's a gateway to expanding your business and reaching a broader audience. Register today, start selling, and watch your online business thrive on Kilimall. Happy selling!