Immigration Kenya Jobs 2023: Vacancies, immigration.go.ke Requirements, How To Apply
Looking for job openings in Kenya? Explore the State Department for Immigration and Citizen Services' job vacancies and find out how to apply today!
The Directorate of Immigration Services, a branch of the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government plays a pivotal role in regulating entry and exit from Kenya, managing foreign nationals, and overseeing Kenyan citizenship registration. This article will explore the latest job opportunities for Kenyans in 2023 offered by the State Department for Immigration and Citizen Services, the requirements for these roles, and how to apply via immigration.go.ke. This comprehensive guide will ensure you have all the necessary information to pursue these career opportunities.
- The Public Service Commission (PSC) has announced a range of job vacancies within various state departments.
- The State Department for Immigration and Citizen Services is recruiting 315 Civil Registration Officers II, offering competitive remuneration.
- Applicants must meet educational qualifications, submit applications online by October 11, 2023, and adhere to specified requirements.
- Other state departments have also posted job vacancies, providing opportunities in various fields.
- Civil registration is essential for government planning and citizen services, making these roles vital to Kenya's administrative processes.
- Eligible candidates are encouraged to seize these career opportunities and apply through the Commission's official website or jobs portal.
- Accurate civil registration data supports effective resource allocation and government planning.
- Visit the Commission's website for comprehensive information on job vacancies and application procedures.
The Public Service Commission (PSC) recently unveiled a host of job openings within various state departments. Among these opportunities, the State Department for Immigration and Citizen Services seeks to recruit 315 Civil Registration Officers. These positions present a chance for qualified individuals to contribute to the country's immigration and citizen services.
Requirements for Civil Registration Officer II Positions
To be considered for these roles, candidates must meet certain criteria. These requirements ensure that individuals appointed to these positions possess the qualifications and skills to excel. Here are the key prerequisites for the Civil Registration Officer II positions:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree in one of the following fields: Sociology, Statistics/Economics, Government/Political Science, Public Administration, Population Studies, Law, Anthropology, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Kenyan university.
- Remuneration: Successful applicants can expect a competitive compensation package, which includes a Basic Salary Scale ranging from Ksh. 32,700 to Ksh. 42,690 per month (CSG 11), House Allowance ranging from Ksh. 4,200 to Ksh. 10,000 per month, Commuter Allowance of Ksh. 4,000 per month, Leave Allowance according to Civil Service norms, 30 working days of Annual Leave per financial year, and Medical Cover provided by the government. These positions offer permanent and pensionable terms of service.
Duties and Responsibilities
The roles of Civil Registration Officers II encompass various responsibilities, ensuring efficient operation in civil registration. These duties include:
- Collecting basic data on births and deaths.
- Distributing and collecting birth and death registers from registration agents.
- Handling inquiries about births and deaths from clients.
- Managing the filing and retrieval of birth and death records.
- Issuing and receiving late registration forms from clients.
- Dispatching birth and death certificates.
- Evaluating applications for the issuance of birth and death certificates.
Application Deadline and Process
To seize these career opportunities, prospective candidates must submit their applications online. The application deadline is October 11, 2023, at 5:00 PM East African Time. Only on-time applications will be considered. Applying is a straightforward process; applicants can follow these steps:
- Visit the Commission's official website: www.publicservice.go.ke or the jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke.
- Ensure that your application is submitted on or before the specified deadline.
State Department for Lands and Physical Planning Vacancies
In addition to the Civil Registration Officer II positions, the State Department for Lands and Physical Planning has announced 69 job vacancies across various roles. These roles include director of physical planning, director of National Lands Information Management System (NLIMS), senior deputy director of NLIMS, deputy director, assistant director, and land information management officer. Other positions include deputy research director, assistant director, and research officer. The Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) also seeks three deputy directors and assistant directors, one dean of students, and an academic registrar. Furthermore, there is a need for five senior principal lecturers under KISM and 31 valuation assistants III. The State Department for Irrigation is also looking to recruit a secretary.
The Public Service Commission (PSC) has presented numerous career opportunities within various state departments, focusing on the State Department for Immigration and Citizen Services and the State Department for Lands and Physical Planning. These positions offer competitive remuneration and a chance for individuals to contribute to the development and growth of Kenya. To apply for these roles, ensure you meet the requirements and submit your application online before the October 11, 2023 deadline. Take advantage of this opportunity to be part of Kenya's public service and impact your nation's future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the deadline for applying for the Civil Registration Officer II positions?
- The application deadline for these positions is October 11, 2023, at 5:00 PM East African Time.
What qualifications are required for the Civil Registration Officer II roles?
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Statistics/Economics, Government/Political Science, Public Administration, Population Studies, Law, Anthropology, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Kenyan university.
What are the responsibilities of Civil Registration Officers II?
- Their responsibilities include collecting data on births and deaths, managing registration records, handling client inquiries, and issuing birth and death certificates.
Are these positions permanent and pensionable?
- Yes, these positions offer permanent and pensionable terms of service.
How can I apply for these job vacancies?
What other job vacancies are available in different state departments?
- Various state departments have announced a range of job vacancies, including roles in physical planning, research, academic management, and land information management. Interested applicants can visit the Commission's website for details.
What is the importance of civil registration in Kenya?
- Civil registration is essential for maintaining accurate records of births and deaths, which are crucial for government planning, resource allocation, and citizen services.