KEMRI Career Portal: Register, Login, Careers, Internship And Apply For KPA Open Vacancies
Looking for a promising career in health research? Explore the KEMRI career portal for job opportunities and internships. Learn how to register and apply today
Are you seeking a promising career opportunity in the field of health research? Look no further than the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI). Established in 1979 under the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, KEMRI has since grown to become a regional leader in human health research. In this guide, we'll walk you through everything you need about the KEMRI career portal, from registration and login procedures to available job opportunities and internship programs. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, KEMRI offers a wealth of prospects in health research.
- KEMRI, the Kenya Medical Research Institute, is a leading health research and innovation institution.
- To access the KEMRI Career Portal, visit www.kemri.org and follow the provided links.
- Registration on the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal is essential for job applications. Follow the registration process outlined on the portal.
- The job application process involves providing personal, educational, professional, and experiential details and necessary attachments.
- KEMRI offers many job opportunities, including internships and regular positions.
- The internship program at KEMRI provides practical exposure to research and is available to graduates in various fields.
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a vital institution in Kenya dedicated to conducting health, biomedical, and public health research to improve human health. Established over 40 years ago, KEMRI has evolved into a leading centre of excellence in Africa and the global stage. Its core mandates include:
- Conducting Research: KEMRI plays a pivotal role in health research, addressing critical issues related to human health.
- Capacity Building: The institute focuses on building and nurturing research capacity, ensuring a sustainable pool of experts in the field.
- Collaboration: KEMRI collaborates with local and international research organizations, fostering a global knowledge-sharing network.
- Policy Advisory: It advises the Ministry of Health on health research policies and priorities, contributing to evidence-based decision-making.
- Innovation: KEMRI is at the forefront of scientific and technological innovation, enhancing knowledge and promoting development.
- Incubation Centers: The institute promotes innovation by establishing incubation centres bridging the research and industry gap.
Notably, KEMRI serves as the medical research arm of the Kenyan government. It plays a pivotal role in advising the Ministry on healthcare matters, including national disease surveillance and rapid response to major disease outbreaks such as Cholera, Chikungunya Virus, H1N1 Flu, Yellow Fever, Rift Valley Fever, Ebola, and Aflatoxicosis.
In line with Kenya's constitutional requirements, KEMRI has strategically devolved its research activities and services into seven regional clusters, ensuring that its impact reaches all 47 counties in Kenya.
Exploring KEMRI Career Opportunities
If you're eager to embark on a rewarding career journey with KEMRI, you're in the right place. The KEMRI career portal is your gateway to exciting job opportunities, whether you're a seasoned professional or a recent graduate. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to navigate the KEMRI career portal:
1.Registering on the KEMRI Career Portal
Before you can apply for job vacancies or internship programs at KEMRI, you'll need to create an account on the KEMRI e-recruitment portal. Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the KEMRI career portal at www.kemri.org.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "e-recruitment portal."
- Select the position you wish to apply for.
- On the login page, click "Don't have an account yet?"
- Fill in your details in the provided spaces.
- Accept the terms and conditions, answer the reCAPTCHA question, and click "Submit Registration."
Congratulations! You now have an account on the KEMRI e-recruitment portal, ready to explore career opportunities.
2. Logging into the KEMRI Career Portal
Once you've registered, logging into your account is a breeze. Here's how:
- Go to the KEMRI e-recruitment portal login page.
- Enter your email address or employee number and your password.
- Complete the captcha question.
- Click "Login."
You're now successfully logged into the KEMRI career portal, ready to explore and apply for job vacancies.
3. Applying for Jobs on the KEMRI Career Portal
Now that you're logged in, it's time to apply for a job that matches your skills and aspirations. The application process typically involves eight stages, ensuring comprehensive information submission:
- Personal Details: Provide your personal information.
- Educational Data: Share details about your academic qualifications.
- Professional Qualifications: List any professional certifications.
- Professional Bodies: Specify any professional organizations you belong to.
- Experience: Highlight your relevant work experience.
- Referees: Include references who can vouch for your qualifications.
- Attachments: Upload necessary documents as per the portal's size guidelines.
- Declaration: Review your application and make a declaration.
Throughout the application process, ensure that you provide accurate and authentic information to enhance your chances of success.
What is a KEMRI Internship?
KEMRI internship is a program designed to expose young graduates to research's practical and technical aspects. It offers an invaluable opportunity for recent graduates to gain knowledge and experience in the dynamic field of study. Interns work under the guidance of senior scientists, actively participating in ongoing research projects. This exposure allows interns to explore their interest in research and its potential as a career path.
Internship opportunities are available to graduates with degrees in various fields, including but not limited to:
- Medical Microbiology
- Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Analytical Chemistry
- Molecular/Biomedical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health
- Health Systems
- Social Science
Additionally, those with diplomas in Health Records and Science Laboratory Technology are eligible for internship positions. Apart from technical internships, KEMRI also offers internship opportunities in support roles, including:
- Procurement and Supply
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology Communication
- Mass Communication in Electronic Media
- Law (with completed pupilage or awaiting admission to the bar)
Diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering, Records Management, and Graphic Design may also find opportunities for support internships. KEMRI regularly releases lists of available internship opportunities, specifying the number of positions needed. It is advisable to check their website for updates on internship openings periodically. The standard duration of KEMRI internships is six months, with monthly stipends of Ksh 15,000 for diploma holders and Ksh 25,000 for bachelor's degree holders.
How to Apply for KEMRI Internships
Applying for a KEMRI internship requires careful consideration and adherence to specific rules and criteria. Here's how to navigate the application process:
Before applying for a KEMRI internship, ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Write a formal letter to the Director of KEMRI expressing your interest in the internship program.
- At the time of application, you should be enrolled in an educational institution for more than 12 months or have completed your education within the past two years.
- KEMRI internships are typically offered once, so make your application count.
- The internship period is at most six months and is not renewable upon expiration.
- Retired individuals who have lost their jobs are not eligible for the internship program.
Successful internship candidates at KEMRI possess specific personal attributes, including:
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Goal-driven and self-starting qualities.
- Flexibility and passion for their chosen field.
- A commitment to upholding integrity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
Additionally, applicants should obtain a certificate of good conduct from the relevant authority. Applicants must also be Kenyan youths aged 30 years and below.
KEMRI employs a rigorous selection process to identify suitable candidates for internship opportunities. The process is divided into two stages:
Stage One: Application Invitation
- KEMRI invites applications from individuals who have completed their undergraduate education within the past two years.
- Approximately 100-150 applicants are selected to proceed to the second stage of the selection process, typically in Nairobi.
Stage Two: Selection Process
- During this stage, selected applicants attend informative sessions about KEMRI's research programs.
- Applicants also participate in a written examination.
- The top-scoring candidates in the written exam move on to a face-to-face interview specific to their chosen subject.
- Successful candidates are then contacted and offered internship opportunities.
To apply for a KEMRI internship, follow these steps:
- Create an account on the KEMRI website using your email address.
- Log in to your account using your email and password.
- Access the internship application form.
- Complete the application form accurately and thoroughly.
Internship opportunities in Kenya are highly sought, and KEMRI provides a valuable platform for young graduates to gain practical experience in their chosen fields. The internship program not only enhances participants' skills but also offers a unique opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in healthcare
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) offers career possibilities in health research. Whether you're interested in job vacancies or internship programs, the KEMRI career portal is your gateway to a fulfilling career. By following the registration, login, and application processes outlined in this guide, you'll be well on your way to contributing to cutting-edge research and positively impacting human health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To address common queries about KEMRI career opportunities, here are eight frequently asked questions:
1. What is the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal?
- The KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal is an online platform for applying for job vacancies at KEMRI. It simplifies the application process and keeps applicants informed about available opportunities.
2. How can I access the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal?
- To access the portal, visit the official KEMRI website at www.kemri.org/careers.
3. What are the requirements for applying through the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal?
- Requirements vary by job position but typically include a relevant degree, professional certifications (where applicable), work experience, and valid identification documents.
4. How do I apply for a job through the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal?
- Create an account on the portal, search for available job positions, and submit your application online.
5. How long does it take to receive a response after applying?
- Response times vary, but you may receive a response within a few weeks or months, depending on the recruitment process timeline.
6. Can I update my application after submission?
- You cannot update your application after submission, so ensure it's complete and accurate before applying.
7. What should I do if I encounter technical issues while using the portal?
- Contact the support team for assistance via email or phone.
8. How do I know if my application has been successful?
- If your application is successful, you will receive an email notification. If not, consider exploring other opportunities or improving your qualifications.
What's Your Reaction?