KEMRI Recruitment 2023/2024: Latest News And Updates
Discover exciting career options in medical research with KEMRI's e-recruitment portal. Our guide shows you how to get started today.
Are you looking to embark on an exciting career journey with the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI)? If so, you're in luck! KEMRI has recently re-advertised 76 job vacancies across various departments within the institution. This is your chance to join a dynamic, innovative, and experienced team committed to positively impacting the field of human health in Kenya.
Established in 1979 under the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya, KEMRI is a State Corporation dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge in human health. Operating under the Science, Technology, and Innovation Act of 2013, KEMRI is responsible for conducting crucial research in the field of human health in Kenya.
Available Job Vacancies
KEMRI seeks individuals with the right expertise, experience, and innovative spirit to fill various vacant positions. Here is a list of some of the available job titles and the corresponding number of posts:
|VACANCY NUMBER||POSITION||DESCRIPTION||VACANCY OPENING DATE||VACANCY CLOSING DATE||DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT|
|CGHR/382/10/23||Nutrition Officer||Applicant should be trained in Integrated management of acute malnutrition (IMAM) and Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN)||October 12, 2023||November 2, 2023||Job Description|
|CGHR/383/10/23||Research Scientist||Applicant must Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in social science or a health-related discipline eg Public Health, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Community Health from a recognized institution||October 12, 2023||November 2, 2023||Job Description|
|CGHR/377/09/23||Data Clerk (Community Interviewer)||The Officer will be responsible in identifying, consenting to recruitment, follow up and retention of eligible study participants. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a
professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
|October 5, 2023||November 2, 2023||Job Description|
|CGHR/376/09/23||Intern||Appointment in the Internship program will be for a period of one year.||October 5, 2023||November 2, 2023||Job Description|
|CGHR/375/09/23||Principal Clinical Research Scientist||The officer will be based at the Malaria Division of KEMRI’s Centre for Global Health Research in Kisumu, western Kenya. The project is interested in recruiting an exceptional Principal Investigator with a medical background and PhD training in a relevant subject, and a minimum of five
years of field experience to lead the project in Kenya and support the other public health scientists, epidemiologists, social scientists and health economists from the consortium.
|October 5, 2023||November 2, 2023||Job Description|
If you're excited about the prospect of joining KEMRI's dedicated team, here's how you can apply:
- Eligible and qualified applicants should submit their applications through the KEMRI Website: www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment – E-Recruitment Portal.
- As part of KEMRI's commitment to diversity and inclusion, the organization encourages women and individuals with different abilities to apply for the available positions.
- KEMRI emphasizes that it does not charge any fees at any stage of the selection process, including application, interview meetings, and processing of offer letters. Any request for fees should be reported immediately to the relevant authority.
Setting Up Your Account on KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal
The process is straightforward. Follow this link to land on the registration page. You must provide your details and such to create an account. Remember to check your, Email Address to verify your account.
The Login Process
You can use the details used in the registration to log in to your account to view any Job updates.
Completing Your Profile
On logging in, you'll be prompted to finalize your candidate profile. This step is paramount as it allows KEMRI to align your qualifications and interests with available job openings. Ensure you complete all necessary details, including uploading your application letter, CV, and qualification documents.
Ensure your application reaches KEMRI's selection committee on or before 11th September 2023 by 5:00 p.m. Remember, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. KEMRI does not charge any fees at any stage of the selection process, including application, interviews, or processing of offer letters.
Tips for Success in KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal
Regularly Update Your Profile
Keeping your profile up-to-date is essential. As you acquire new skills or qualifications, update your CV and profile. This will ensure you're considered for the right job opportunities based on your current capabilities and interests.
Tailor Your Applications
Ensure that each job application is tailored to the specific role you're applying for. Align your skills and experiences with the job description and highlight how you can contribute to KEMRI's mission in your cover letter.
Consistency is Key
Regularly check the KEMRI e-recruitment portal for new job openings. Applying consistently increases your chances of landing your desired job. Persistence and consistency are crucial in the job-hunting jungle.
Kenya Medical Research Institute
P.O. Box 54840 00200 Off Raila Odinga Way. Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254 722205901
Center for Geographic Medicine Research, Coast
P.O. Box 230-80108, Kilifi Kenya
Tel: +254 709 750
Center for Global Health Research (CGHR)
P.O. Box: 1578 - 40100, Kisumu, Kenya
Tel: +254 (20) 22923
Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases Control Research (CIPDCR)
P.O. Box: 3 - 50400, Busia, Kenya
Tel: +254 (020) 2005948
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) offers exciting job opportunities for dynamic and innovative individuals passionate about making a difference in human health. By submitting your application through the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal before 2nd November 2023, you can be part of a team that conducts groundbreaking research and contributes to improving healthcare in Kenya. KEMRI values diversity, encourages equal opportunity, and fosters innovation and collaboration. Apply now and be part of the KEMRI family that's positively impacting the nation's health and well-being.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is KEMRI's mission? KEMRI's mission is to conduct quality health research and contribute to improving health and well-being in Kenya and beyond.
- How can I apply for a position at KEMRI? To apply, visit the KEMRI E-Recruitment Portal at www.kemri.go.ke/e-recruitment and follow the provided instructions.
- Are there opportunities for individuals with disabilities at KEMRI? KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for available positions.
- Is prior experience necessary for all positions? While prior experience can be advantageous, KEMRI offers a range of positions suitable for both experienced professionals and individuals starting their careers.
- Can I apply for multiple positions? Yes, you can apply for multiple positions if you meet the qualifications and requirements outlined for each position.
- What happens after I submit my application? KEMRI will contact short-listed candidates for further steps in the selection process. You may only have been short-listed if you receive a response.