Kenya Airports Authority Jobs 2023: Latest News And Updates
Looking for a rewarding aviation career? Find out everything you need about Kenya Airports Authority jobs, the application process, and eligibility criteria.
Air transport has become a cornerstone of our modern world due to rapid globalization. Offering opportunities for career advancement and self-development, the aviation industry continuously draws in aspirants from all walks of life. Among these thriving entities is the Kenya Airports Authority (KAA), an autonomous body instrumental in managing and coordinating a system of airports in Kenya. If you aspire to make a difference in the aviation industry, look no further! This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need about Kenya Airports Authority jobs.
A Brief History of Kenya Airports Authority
Founded in 1991, KAA has established itself as the guardian of Kenya's sky gateways, shouldering the responsibility previously held by the erstwhile Aerodromes Department under the Ministry of Transport and Communication. With the first seed of its legacy planted with the opening of Nairobi's Old Embakasi Airport in 1958, KAA has since broadened its wings, managing a range of airports, including:
- Jomo Kenyatta International
- Moi International
- Kisumu International
- Eldoret International
- Wilson Airport
- Malindi Airport
While continuously adapting to cater to the ever-growing sectors like tourism, horticulture, and trade, KAA remains true to its core mission – to deliver top-notch services to all stakeholders.
Unlocking Opportunities at Kenya Airports Authority
KAA Recruitment: What You Need to Know
Over the years, KAA has held massive recruitment intakes, offering lucrative job opportunities to talented individuals eager to contribute to the aviation sector. These opportunities range from security jobs to high-level managerial roles, all carrying the same essence of serving the industry and the nation at large.
Mistakes to Avoid
While applying for a job at KAA, avoiding common pitfalls that may hinder your progress is essential. Here are some pointers:
- Apply on time – do not wait for the deadline.
- Undertake the application process by yourself to prevent data errors.
- Stay updated about the application process.
- Ensure that you provide all requirements accurately.
- Cross-check your details before submission.
- Apply for only one job position.
- Remember, the KAA recruitment process is free.
Requirements for KAA Jobs
Successful application at KAA requires the following:
- Kenyan citizenship.
- Physical and mental fitness, certified by government medical personnel.
- A clean character record.
- Compliance with Chapter Six of the Kenyan constitution.
While academic qualifications are necessary, soft skills and personal attributes also play a crucial role in securing a job at KAA. These include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong managerial skills.
- High ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
How to Apply for KAA Jobs
The Application Process
To apply for a job at KAA, follow these steps:
- Visit the official KAA recruitment portal: www.kaa.go.ke
- Select 'Career' on the menu bar.
- Choose the position you wish to apply for.
- Fill out the online application form accurately.
- Upload the necessary documents as per the requirements.
- Review your application, then submit it.
- Print out the acknowledgment slip for future reference.
Remember, the application deadline is crucial. Submit your application before the stipulated deadline to avoid disqualification.
Here are recruitment websites in Kenya that you can use to find a job:
- BrighterMonday: is one of the most popular job boards in Kenya. It has various jobs listed in different industries, from entry-level to executive positions. You can also sign up for job alerts for new openings that match your interests.
- Fuzu: is another popular job board in Kenya. It offers a variety of features to help job seekers, such as career advice, resume building, and interview preparation. Fuzu also has a mobile app that makes it easy to find jobs.
- MyJobMag: is a comprehensive job portal that lists jobs from various sources, including companies, recruitment agencies, and government organizations. MyJobMag also offers career advice and resume-building tools to help job seekers.
- Career Point Kenya: is a job board focusing on jobs in Kenya. It lists jobs from various industries and internship and volunteer opportunities. Career Point Kenya also offers career advice and resume-building tools to help job seekers.
- LinkedIn: is a professional networking site that is also a good resource for job seekers. You can search for jobs by location, industry, and keyword. LinkedIn also allows you to connect with people in your industry and network with potential employers.
- Workopolis: is a Canadian job board that also lists jobs in Kenya. It lists jobs from various industries and internship and volunteer opportunities. Workopolis is a good option if you are looking for a job in Kenya and are open to working for a Canadian company.
If you need help please reach KAA VIA:
|Airport/Airstrip||Address/Location||Telephone Number||Mobile Number|
|Headquarters (JKIA)||Head Office, Off Airport North Road. P.O Box 19001 (00501) Nairobi Kenya||+254-020-6822111/6611000/6612000||+254 722 205 061/2/3/4/5/6/7/8|
|Moi International Airport||N/A||0203577058, 0203577052, 0203577057, 0203577051||0726318515, 0726318516, 0726318517, 0727417791|
|Kisumu International Airport||N/A||(057)2531186/(057)2524399, 254-057-2021857||0728 765349/0728 765360/1|
|Eldoret International Airport||N/A||053-2061299/ 2063377/ 2063844, 254-053-2061295||0712-452170, 0712-452172, 0712-452174|
|Wilson Airport||N/A||N/A||0724256837, 0724255343|
|Lokichogio Airport||N/A||254-054-32266/32441, +254-54-32440||N/A|
|Malindi Airport||N/A||254-042-2131201 / 2131931, 254-042-31840||0710230386, 0710261550, 0738231201|
|Ukunda Airport||N/A||254- 040-3202126, 254 040-3203246, 041-2002975, +254 040-3203246||N/A|
|Malindi Airstrip||N/A||254-042-2131201 / 2131931, 0733974901 +254 – 042-2131840||0710230386, 0710261550, 0738231201|
|Wajir Airport||N/A||254-046-421019-421362, 254-46-421019||N/A|
Working for the Kenya Airports Authority offers a fulfilling career journey with opportunities for professional growth and personal development. So if you're looking for a chance to contribute to the aviation sector while advancing your career, a KAA job might be your perfect match. As you prepare your application, adhere to the guidelines and keep yourself updated on the recruitment process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the official KAA recruitment portal?
A: The official KAA recruitment portal is www.kaa.go.ke.
Q2: Can I apply for more than one job position at KAA?
A: No, you should only apply for one job position. Multiple applications may lead to disqualification.
Q3: Is there a fee for the KAA job application?
A: No, the KAA job application process is entirely free.
Q4: What is the minimum academic qualification for KAA jobs?
A: While it may vary depending on the job position, an essential requirement is a D+ mean grade in the Kenya Secondary Certificate Education (KSCE).
Q5: How will I know if my application is successful?
A: Successful applicants will be contacted by KAA through the contact details provided during the application process.
Q6: Can I apply for KAA jobs if I'm not a Kenyan citizen?
A: No, only Kenyan citizens are eligible to apply for KAA jobs.
Disclaimer: This article is written for informational purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information, there may be a few discrepancies. We advise applicants to visit the official Kenya Airports Authority website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
What's Your Reaction?