KRA Graduate Trainees Vacancies 2023: Application, Requirements, Deadline And More
Are you a young Kenyan graduate looking to gain hands-on experience in tax administration? Learn all about the KRA Graduate Trainee Program 2023 and apply today.
Are you a young Kenyan aspiring to contribute to the country's financial self-sufficiency? The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya, has exciting news for you. They invite university graduates of high integrity to join their Graduate Trainee (GT) Program. This initiative has successfully groomed over 1800 young graduates in the past 26 years and is now ready for its 2023 intake. Here's everything you need to know about this golden opportunity.
What is the KRA Graduate Trainee Program?
The Graduate Trainee Program at KRA is a platform designed to develop future tax administration experts. It offers participants a unique chance to gain hands-on experience through on-the-job learning, mentorship, coaching, training, and volunteering opportunities. The program also includes job rotation, allowing trainees to explore various roles within tax and customs specialist and industry groups.
As a Graduate Trainee at KRA, you will play a crucial role in:
- Administration and Support of Relevant Tax and Customs Laws: This involves ensuring that tax laws are applied and enforced effectively.
- Enforcing Compliance in Tax with Relevant Laws: You will ensure that individuals and businesses adhere to tax regulations.
Requirements for Engagement as a Graduate Trainee
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Kenyan citizen aged 28 years and below (your 28th birthday should have passed after 29 October 2023).
- A Mean Grade of at least C+ in KCSE or its equivalent with a minimum of C+ in English and Mathematics is required.
- You must possess an undergraduate degree from a recognized university. While all graduates are encouraged to apply, KRA is particularly interested in candidates with degrees in fields such as Petroleum/Chemical/Marine Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cybersecurity, Geospatial, Medicine, Radiography, Pharmacy, Animal Health, Veterinary Medicine, and Food Technology.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication is essential in a role that involves dealing with taxpayers and colleagues.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Tax administration often requires dealing with complex issues, and analyzing and solving problems is crucial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Other Relevant Software Applications: Modern tax administration relies heavily on technology, and software tools must be proficient.
- Result-Oriented and Customer-Focused: Top priorities are achieving results and providing excellent taxpayer service.
- Adaptability and Inventiveness: The world of tax administration is dynamic, and adaptability and creativity are valuable traits.
Benefits of the Graduate Trainee Program
Participating in the KRA Graduate Trainee Program will provide you with a range of benefits, including:
- Exposure to various tax and customs advisory and administration aspects across the Kenyan tax regime.
- Development of a strong technical knowledge of Kenyan and East African tax legislative regimes.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people in a multicultural environment, fostering valuable relationships.
- Understanding of control and risk management procedures in a large organization.
Before you rush to apply, here are some essential application guidelines to keep in mind:
- All applications must be submitted online via the provided application guidelines.
- The application deadline is Sunday, 29 October 2023. Take advantage of this crucial date.
- Only complete applications will be considered, so ensure you provide all required documents and information.
- Once selected, candidates must submit a valid Certificate of Good Conduct, copies of the KRA PIN Certificate, NHIF, NSSF, and ID cards.
- Remember that KRA does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- KRA is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for the KRA Graduate Trainee Program
If you're ready to embark on this exciting journey, follow these steps to apply:
- Go to KRA's e-recruitment portal and click the 'Register' button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration, go to KRA's e-recruitment portal.
- Key in your username and password, then click 'Login' to access your account.
- The system will open the 'Applicant Cockpit.'
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant details):
- On the 'Applicant Cockpit' page, go to the tab 'Candidate Profile.'
- Click on 'My Profile' to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab "Overview and Release."
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab 'Employment Opportunities' on the 'Applicant Cockpit' page.
- Under the heading 'Job Search,' click the 'Start' button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click the 'Apply' button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Ensure that all mandatory fields are completed.
- To complete the application process, click the 'Send Application Now' button after reviewing and accepting the 'Data Privacy Statement.'
If you have any questions or encounter any challenges during the application process, please send your email query to [email protected].
READ ALSO: How to Apply for KDF Recruitment 2023/2024
In conclusion, the KRA Graduate Trainee Program is an excellent opportunity for young Kenyan graduates to kick-start their careers in tax administration. By joining this program, you'll contribute to Kenya's financial self-sufficiency while gaining valuable experience and knowledge. Take advantage of the application deadline on 29 October 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who is eligible for the KRA Graduate Trainee Program?
- Kenyan citizens aged 28 years and below, with specific educational qualifications, are eligible.
What are the key responsibilities of a Graduate Trainee at KRA?
- Graduate Trainees are responsible for administrating and enforcing tax and customs laws.
When is the application deadline for the KRA Graduate Trainee Program?
- The application deadline is Sunday, 29 October 2023.
Are there any application fees for the KRA Graduate Trainee Program?
- No, KRA does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
What are the benefits of participating in the program?
- Participants will gain exposure, develop technical knowledge, and build strong relationships while contributing to tax administration.
Can persons with disabilities apply for the program?
- KRA is an equal-opportunity employer, and Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How do I apply for the KRA Graduate Trainee Program?
- Visit KRA's e-recruitment portal, register, and follow the provided steps for application.
What if I have questions or face issues during the application process?
- For assistance, you can email your query to [email protected].