List of All M-Pesa Paybill Numbers for All Saccos in Kenya
Looking for accessible financial solutions in Kenya? Join a SACCO and enjoy the convenience of M-Pesa Paybill numbers for secure transactions. Learn more here.
SACCOs, short for Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies, have emerged as powerful tools for enhancing financial inclusion and providing access to affordable credit. In this article, we'll delve into the world of SACCOs in Kenya, exploring their structure, operations, interest rates, fees, and regulatory framework. Additionally, we'll provide you with a comprehensive list of M-Pesa paybill numbers for SACCOs across Kenya, making financial transactions even more convenient for you.
What is a SACCO?
A SACCO, which stands for Savings and Credit Cooperative Society, is a financial institution owned and controlled by its members also its customers. SACCOs operate on the principles of cooperation, creating an environment where individuals come together to support each other financially and work toward common goals.SACCOs aim to empower these communities by providing accessible and tailored financial solutions that meet their needs and aspirations.
Requirements to Join a SACCO
While the exact eligibility requirements may vary from SACCO to another, they generally revolve around factors such as employment, residence, or affiliation with a particular organization or association. Joining a SACCO typically involves completing a membership application form provided by the SACCO. This form collects essential information such as personal details, contact information, and any supporting documents required by the SACCO. These documents might include identification documents, proof of employment, or proof of residence, depending on the SACCO's eligibility criteria.
M-Pesa Paybill Numbers for SACCOs in Kenya
Using M-Pesa Paybill numbers has numerous advantages when dealing with SACCOs in Kenya. This payment method offers flexibility, allowing members to make contributions at their convenience and avoid penalties for late payments. Additionally, M-Pesa Paybill numbers provide a secure and traceable way to complete transactions, ensuring transparency and accountability.
Here is a list of M-Pesa Paybill numbers for various SACCOs in Kenya:
- Aberdare Sacco Society Paybill Number: 117 144
- Adventist Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 977 211
- Adventist Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 977 210
- Afya Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 570 200
- AIBK Sacco Paybill NumberAll Churches Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 955 901
- Banki Kuu Sacco Ltd Paybill Number: 570 300
- Baringo Teachers Sacco Paybill Number: 545 500
- Bonde La Kerio Sacco Paybill Number: 525 500
- Bridging Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 525 300
- Bucowo (Bungoma County Women) Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 502 092
- Busia-Teso Teachers Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 412 398
- Centenary Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 700 300
- Centenary Sacco Society Paybill Number: 700 301
- Chai Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 544 200
- Christ Ambassadors Sacco Ruiru Paybill Number: 839 400
- Cofi Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 944 701
- Comoco Sacco Ltd Paybill Number: 901 101
- Concorde Sacco Paybill Number: 522 400
- Cosmopolitan Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 883 050
- Cosmopolitan Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 973 100
- Crescent Takaful Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 364 364
- Eekuria Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 374 550
- Emerging Opportunities Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 361 450
- Finnlemm Sacco Society Paybill Number: 528 400
- Fundilima Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 411 535
- Good Faith Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 912 610
- Habi Cooperative Savings & Credit Society Paybill Number: 431 572
- Harambee Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 525 201
- Harambee Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 525 200
- Hasham Savings And Credit Cooperative Society Paybill Number: 413 918
- Hyperflora Sacco Society Limited Paybill Number: 972 910
- Imenti Cooperative Savings And Credit Society Ltd Paybill Number: 871 100
- Kenya Cooperative Coffee Dealers Limited Paybill Number: 318 950
- Kenya Medical Association Sacco Ltd Paybill Number: 540 901
- Kiambu County Bunge Sacco Ltd Paybill Number: 318 900
- Kiambu Inua Maisha Sacco Ltd Paybill Number: 922 300
- Kiambu Youth Sacco Paybill Number: 934 500
- M.P.C. Sacco Paybill Number: 804 400
- Meru Central Farmers Sacco Paybill Number: 520 100
- Metropolitan Teachers Sacco Paybill Number: 944 601
- Nafaka Sacco Limited Paybill Number: 920 101
- Ndege Chai Sacco Ltd. Paybill Number: 637 637
- Ndosha Sacco Paybill Number: 520 600
- Nhif Sacco Paybill Number: 521 100
- Nyala Sacco Society Ltd Paybill Number: 961 901
Using M-Pesa Paybill Numbers for SACCO Transactions
M-Pesa Paybill numbers make it incredibly convenient to transact with SACCOs in Kenya. Here's how you can use the Paybill option via different platforms:
a) How to Use Paybill Option via SIM Toolkit
- Open your SIM toolkit.
- Select "M-Pesa."
- Choose "Lipa na M-Pesa."
- Select "Paybill."
- Enter the business or Paybill number.
- Enter your account number.
- Input the amount you wish to transact.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
b) How to Use the Paybill Option via the M-Pesa App
- Download and install the M-Pesa app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Complete the phone number registration process.
- Launch the app and click the "Pay" symbol on the dashboard.
- Select the "Paybill" option.
c) How to Use Paybill Option via MySafaricom App
- Download and install the MySafaricom app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Finalize your mobile number registration.
- Launch the app and click the "M-Pesa" symbol at the bottom menu.
- Tap the "Lipa na M-Pesa" option, then select "Paybill."
SACCO Account Numbers and Paybill Shortcodes
SACCOs typically assign different account numbers based on their product variety. These account numbers can be membership numbers, ID numbers, shortcodes, transaction codes, or a combination.
Paybill shortcodes are specific codes associated with various products offered by different SACCOs. For example:
- For advances, the shortcode may be ADV.
- For deposits, the shortcode may be DEP.
- For asset financing, the shortcode may be ASF.
These shortcodes often form part of the account number, combined with membership or ID numbers.
Requirements to Obtain a Paybill Number for Deposit-Taking SACCOs
Before SACCOs can implement the Paybill service, they must meet specific requirements enforced by Safaricom, the service provider. These requirements include:
- Accurately completed and signed Paybill Application Form and Terms & Conditions.
- A copy of the SACCO's registration certificate and trade license.
- A filled, stamped, and sealed resolution letter signed by at least two directors.
- Copies of directors and authorized signatories' ID documents.
- Directors' and company KRA (Kenya Revenue Authority) PIN certificates.
- A duly filled and completed Safaricom AML/Kenyan KYC (Know Your Customer) questionnaire.
- A canceled check or letter from the bank stating the SACCO's details.
Once Safaricom verifies these documents and approves, a unique 6-digit Paybill number is assigned to the SACCO. Members use this number for all deposits and transactions.
Joining a SACCO in Kenya offers numerous advantages, including access to affordable credit and tailored financial solutions. SACCOs are vital in fostering economic empowerment within communities and supporting local initiatives. Using M-Pesa Paybill numbers makes it easy and convenient to transact with SACCOs, ensuring timely payments and transparent transactions. Whether you're a young professional, a family seeking credit options, or an entrepreneur, consider joining SACCO to secure your financial future and contribute to the growth and prosperity of your community.