M-Pesa Bulk Payment Service (B2C): Requirements , Application And Transaction charges
Discover how the M-Pesa Bulk Payment Service (B2C) streamlines business payments. Learn about application channels, eligibility requirements, and transparent charges.
In the modern era of digital finance, streamlining payment processes has become a top priority for organizations looking to enhance efficiency and customer experience. One revolutionary solution gaining significant traction is the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service, commonly called B2C. This service, offered by Safaricom, presents a seamless way for businesses to disburse payments to individuals swiftly, making it an indispensable tool across various sectors.
In this article, we will delve into the intricate details of the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service, from its application requirements to its charges, and shed light on how it transforms the landscape of financial transactions.
Key Takeaways from the Article
- M-Pesa Bulk Payment (B2C) facilitates the swift disbursement of funds from organizations to individuals' mobile phones.
- The application can be made through authorized sales services or a self-onboarding link.
- Various sectors benefit from B2C, including microfinance institutions, insurance companies, and NGOs.
- M-Pesa G2 system, M-Pesa portal, and APIs are channels for B2C transactions.
- Eligibility requirements include identification documents, bank details, and application forms.
- Transparent charges apply based on transaction bands.
- Deposit methods include RTGS transfers and EFT, cheques, and cash deposits.
Introduction to M-Pesa Bulk Payment (B2C)
M-Pesa, a pioneering mobile banking service offered by Safaricom, has significantly transformed the financial landscape in Kenya. Among its various offerings, the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service stands out as a powerful tool for organizations seeking to expedite individual payments. Also known as B2C (Business to Customer), this service allows governmental or private institutions to disburse funds from their shortcode directly to recipients' mobile phones in real time. This swift payment mechanism has applications across diverse sectors, including microfinance institutions, insurance companies, businesses, and NGOs.
How To Access the B2C Payment Service?
- M-PESA Web portal- Access the M-PESA Portal via- https://org.ke.m-pesa.com
- M-PESA Enterprise Portal - Access this M-PESA Enterprise Portal via - https://pay.m-pesaforbusiness.co.ke/
- • APIs: API stands for Application Programming Interface. API enables communication and data exchange between two systems by providing an interface for one system to plug into the other system easily. With API, an organization cannot use our M-PESA system directly. They will continue to use their in-house system to disburse funds through the M-PESA system.
Application Channels for M-Pesa Bulk Payment
Safaricom has streamlined the application process for the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service, offering organizations two convenient ways to apply:
- Through Authorized Sales Services: Organizations can partner with authorized individuals who facilitate the application process with Safaricom's permission. These intermediaries ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
- Direct Application: Businesses can directly apply for the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service through a self-onboarding link provided by Safaricom. This eliminates the need for intermediaries and simplifies the application process.
To track the progress of your application request, follow the following procedures:
- Log in to the portal – https://selfservice.m-pesaforbusiness.co.ke/LNM/
- Click on the “My Applications” tab
- and enter the mobile number used at registration.
- Only the applicant can view the status of the application.
You will then be prompted with the following:
- Processing: The application request has been submitted successfully.
- Rejected: The application request has been rejected, and the reason(s) is indicated.
- Approved: All documentation provided has been reviewed successfully, and the B2C account is being processed.
- Complete: The B2C number is active, details are sent to the applicant, and payments can now be made to customers.
Key Sectors Leveraging M-Pesa Bulk Payment
The versatility of the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service shines through in its application across various sectors, including:
- SACCOs and Microfinance Institutions: Swift disbursement of cash withdrawals and loan payouts directly to individuals' M-Pesa accounts.
- Insurance Claims: Expedited settlement of insurance claims, ensuring policyholders receive their due funds promptly.
- Business Payments: Effortless payment of casual workers, daily wages, and small purchases, enhancing operational efficiency.
- Promotional Payments: Facilitation of cash prizes and incentives, fostering customer engagement and loyalty.
- Dividend Payments: Streamlined distribution of annual dividends to shareholders of publicly listed companies.
- NGOs and Relief Funds: Efficient disbursement of funds for workshops, per diems, relief efforts, and development projects.
Channels for Transaction Processing
B2C transactions are facilitated through multiple channels to cater to diverse organizational needs:
- Mpesa G2 System: This channel requires the installation of the Mpesa certificate on a Windows computer. Organizations facing challenges with the installation process can seek assistance by contacting Safaricom's support team.
- M-Pesa Portal: Designed as a web-based platform, the M-Pesa portal allows payments without needing certificate installation, offering a convenient alternative.
- Application Programming Interface (APIs): APIs enable seamless information flow between systems, allowing businesses to integrate their on-premise programs with M-Pesa for fund disbursement.
Requirements for Accessing Bulk Payment Service
The eligibility criteria for accessing the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service vary based on the nature of the organization. However, common prerequisites include:
- Identification Documents: Documents of proprietors, directors, and individuals responsible for opening the account.
- Bank Details: Bank letter or canceled cheque to verify bank information.
- Registration Documents: Certificate of Registration copy for NGOs or Company Registration for businesses.
- Application Form: Completed and signed application form along with agreed terms and conditions.
- KRA PIN: Company's or proprietor's KRA PIN for tax compliance.
- Board Resolution: Company's sealed resolution by the board on letterhead with signatures of directors.
- Utility Bill: Copy of utility bill as proof of address.
- Financial Statements: Audited statements of financial position.
- Industry-Specific Requirements: Additional documents based on the sector, such as a Ministry of Education license for private schools or SAFARICOM AML/KYC completion for SACCOS.
M-Pesa B2C Charges
Transparent pricing is crucial in any financial service, and the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service is no exception. The charges for this service are structured as follows:
|M-PESA B2C PAYMENTS TO REGISTERED USERS||M-PESA B2C PAYMENTS TO UNREGISTERED USERS|
It's important to note that the recipient of the funds will not incur any charges. Additionally, businesses can execute payments to numbers outside the Safaricom network without incurring additional fees beyond the defined tariff.
Depositing Funds for Payments
To initiate payments through the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service, businesses can deposit funds into their M-Pesa corporate account through various methods:
- RTGS Transfer: Businesses can transfer funds via RTGS to their M-Pesa corporate account at designated banks (KCB and CBA). The B2C shortcode must be included in the transaction details.
- EFT, Cheque, and Cash Deposits: These deposits can be made to the Mpesa holding account, with specific account numbers for CBA Bank (0420448007) and KCB Bank (1147921954). It's imperative to quote the B2C shortcode during the deposit process.
MPESA Holding Co. Limited
M-PESA Holding Co. Limited
M-PESA Holding Co. Limited
Kenya Commercial Bank
333+B2C short code e.g., If the customer’s shortcode is 123456, the beneficiary account number is 333123456.
For any customer queries
- Contact the account manager.
- Call: 0722 002222 from the contact number authorized to call the service line.
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: Safaricom PLC
- Twitter: @SafaricomPLC
- Call: 100 (prepay) and 200 (post-pay)
The M-Pesa Bulk Payment service (B2C) has emerged as a transformative force in financial transactions. By allowing organizations to disburse payments swiftly and efficiently, it has streamlined operations across sectors, from microfinance institutions to NGOs. Through the B2C service, businesses can access multiple channels for transaction processing, catering to diverse needs. However, eligibility requirements must be met, and charges should be understood before starting the B2C journey in a world where the speed, security, and accuracy of payments matter, the M-Pesa Bulk Payment service has proven to be a game-changer, redefining how businesses interact with their stakeholders.
FAQs About M-Pesa Bulk Payment
What is M-Pesa Bulk Payment service (B2C)?
M-Pesa B2C allows organizations to swiftly and efficiently disburse payments from their shortcode to individuals' mobile phones swiftly and efficiently.
How can businesses apply for B2C services?
Applications can be made through authorized sales services or a self-onboarding link provided by Safaricom.
Which sectors benefit from M-Pesa B2C?
Microfinance institutions, insurance companies, businesses, NGOs, and more can leverage the benefits of M-Pesa B2C.
What are the channels for B2C transactions?
Channels include the Mpesa G2 system, M-Pesa portal, and APIs for seamless transaction processing.
What are the eligibility requirements for B2C service?
Requirements include identification documents, bank details, application forms, and sector-specific documents.
How are charges calculated for B2C transactions?
Charges are based on transaction bands, with different fees for various ranges of transactions.
The information provided in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered financial advice. The charges, processes, and regulations associated with M-Pesa B2C service may change over time, so organizations are advised to verify the details with relevant authorities or Safaricom.
What's Your Reaction?