M-Pesa Go App; How To Register, Requirements for Joining, And Features
Safaricom, the top telco provider in Kenya, has introduced M-Pesa Go, a new financial service aimed at children and young people between the ages of 10 and 17. Here is what you need to know about the service
In today's fast-paced world, where technology and finance are intertwined, empowering the younger generation with financial literacy and management skills is paramount. Safaricom's innovative solution, the M-Pesa Go App, caters to this need by offering a unique platform for children aged 10 to 17 to learn, manage, and experience the world of digital finance. In this article, we will explore how to register for the M-Pesa Go App, the requirements for joining, and the exciting features it offers.
Key Takeaways from the Article
- M-Pesa Go App is designed for children aged 10 to 17, promoting financial literacy and management skills.
- Parents and guardians can guide their child's financial journey through the app's features.
- Parents can use the self-onboarding portal to register for M-Pesa Go or visit a Safaricom Shop outlet.
- Required documents for registration include valid identification, the child's birth certificate, and an already registered SIM card.
- M-Pesa Go offers features like financial independence, safety, parental control, and restricted access to specific services.
- The app promotes financial competence, safety, and transparency for juniors and parents.
What Is M-Pesa Go App
M-Pesa Go App is a revolutionary product designed to introduce the younger generation to digital finance and financial management. It empowers parents and guardians to guide their children's financial journey while offering youngsters a platform to explore digital money management in a safe and controlled environment.
Registering for the M-Pesa Go App
To start with M-Pesa Go, parents, and guardians can register an existing SIM card through the self-onboarding portal at https://www.safaricom.com/mpesa-go/onboarding. Alternatively, they can visit any Safaricom Shop outlet to complete the registration process. The following documents are required for registration:
- A valid identification document of the parent or guardian.
- An original or copy of the child's birth certificate.
- An already registered SIM card that belongs to the child but is registered under the parent or guardian's ID.
Key Features of the M-Pesa Go App
M-Pesa Go App offers a range of features tailored to provide financial independence and education to young users:
Financial Independence for Juniors
M-Pesa Go provides a platform for children aged 10 to 17 to have their own M-Pesa account under their name. This enables them to send, receive, and manage their pocket money easily.
Safety and Convenience
The app eliminates the need for carrying physical cash, providing a safe and convenient mobile money account secured by the child's secret PIN.
Under the guidance of parents and guardians, M-Pesa Go empowers children to make informed financial decisions from an early age, promoting financial literacy.
Parental Guidance and Control
Parents and guardians have the authority to determine where their child can spend by turning specific services on or off. This feature fosters responsible spending habits.
M-Pesa Go offers parents and children visibility into their spending patterns, promoting transparency and accountability.
Limited Access to Certain Services
M-Pesa Go restricts access to services such as withdrawing money, digital loans, payments to betting companies, and forex payments, ensuring a safe and controlled financial environment.
Using M-Pesa Go App
Once registered, users can access the M-Pesa Go services through the M-Pesa Go App or the Sim Tool Kit (STK).
Benefits for Juniors
- Independence: M-Pesa Go offers financial autonomy to youngsters, allowing them to manage their money efficiently.
- Safety and Convenience: The app eliminates the need to carry physical cash, offering a secure and convenient alternative.
- Financial Learning: Children can learn about financial decision-making early on with parental guidance.
Benefits for Parents/Guardians
- Parental Guidance: M-Pesa Go enables parents to guide their child's spending habits by turning specific services on or off.
- Transparency: Parents and guardians can monitor their children's spending patterns, ensuring responsible use of funds.
- Safety: The app restricts transactions to prevent access to harmful services like betting and gambling.
VIDEO: M-PESA GO
The M-Pesa Go App is a remarkable initiative by Safaricom that bridges the gap between technology and financial education for children aged 10 to 17. By offering a secure platform for financial management, M-Pesa Go empowers the younger generation to make informed decisions and build responsible financial habits from an early age. M-Pesa Go sets the stage for a financially literate and empowered future generation through its user-friendly interface and controlled access to services.
FAQs About M-Pesa Go App
- What is the M-Pesa Go App? M-Pesa Go App is a platform designed for children aged 10 to 17 to learn about digital finance and manage their pocket money under parental guidance.
- How can I register for the M-Pesa Go App? Register using the self-onboarding portal at https://www.safaricom.com/mpesa-go/onboarding or visiting a Safaricom Shop outlet with the required documents.
- What are the benefits for juniors using the M-Pesa Go App? Juniors gain financial independence, safety, and the opportunity to learn about financial decision-making.
- What are the benefits for parents/guardians using the M-Pesa Go App? Parents/guardians can guide their child's spending, monitor transactions, and ensure a safe financial environment.
- What services are restricted on the M-Pesa Go App? M-Pesa Go restricts services like cash withdrawals, digital loans, payments to betting companies, and forex transactions.
- How does the M-Pesa Go App promote financial literacy? M-Pesa Go empowers children to manage their pocket money, make informed decisions, and learn about responsible financial habits from a young age.