M-Pesa Virtual Card: How to Apply for one, Charges incurred and everything in the package
M-Pesa Virtual Card is now Live, We have Listed everything that you need to know about the program
As of the writing of this article, M-Pesa is one of the products from Safaricom Kenya that has put the country on the Global Map as far as Mobile Banking is concerned. More than 30 million people are currently using M-Pesa services, with more than 11 Million people using Lipa na M-Pesa services.
How is M-Pesa beneficial to Kenyans? Well, it is not only Kenyans who use the service. As of 2022, the telco provider has expanded its services in this segment in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique, Lesotho, Ghana, and Egypt. Through M-Pesa, many people utilizing the service can request, transfer funds and even pay for their Bills using the service.
With the launch of the M-Pesa Virtual Card, Safaricom Seeks to attract many users to the platform as the service can be fully accessed in any region. The virtual card would also help a lot of Kenyans to be able to pay for their Online accounts, such as Netflix and Many more, which do not directly support M-Pesa as a method of payment.'
The Move to introduce this functionality to M-Pesa by Safaricom has come as a partnership between the Telco operator and Visa since April 2020. There are few differences between the Current M-Pesa and the M-Pesa virtual card, except for no transaction functionality for the latter. The rates still stand. The maximum amount one can transact in a day is Ksh 150,000, and Ksh 300,000 is the maximum amount in a day. This is simply because any transaction using the M-Pesa Visa card will be directly subtracted from your M-Pesa wallet balance.
Note that the MPesa Global does not work with Local e-commerce platforms and does not support fuliza
How to register and activate your M-Pesa Visa Virtual Card
- Download the New M-Pesa Application from your favorite App store(Appstore or Google Playstore)
- Register and Login
- On the Bottom Right of the Application, Locate Grow Icon and Tap On it
- On the Discover, More Section, Locate Global Pay and Select it
- The Application will load the Mini program, Opt-in, and a confirmation message will be sent to your number
- Choose a clour for your Visa Card and Select Create Card
- A prompt will be presented t you that shows your card details and the date of expiry
If you don’t have the Mpesa App, you can also use a unique USSD code
- On your phone dial pad, enter *334#
- Choose Lipa na Mpesa option
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN and Accept terms and Conditions if Prompted
- Your Visa card number and date of expiry will be sent directly to your Inbox
- Voila, it is that easy!
M-Pesa VISA Virtual Card Charges
In this article, I had mentioned that there are not so many differences between Mpesa and the M-Pesa virtual card. Valid except for some areas, including a 3.5% forex exchange rate as seen with how Banks handle the transaction with their Visa cards exchange rates.