NHIF Online Registration for Self-Employed Kenyans
Looking for an easy way to register for NHIF online as a self-employed Kenyan? Check out our comprehensive guide with step-by-step instructions!
The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a vital government initiative that provides health insurance to Kenyan citizens, fostering equitable access to quality healthcare. The online registration process is quick and easy, particularly for self-employed individuals. This comprehensive guide will walk you through every step, ensuring you get registered and start enjoying the benefits of NHIF in no time.
NHIF Membership: Who is Eligible?
In Kenya, NHIF membership is open to all citizens aged 18 years and above. If you're self-employed, in the informal sector, or retired, you can voluntarily register with NHIF. For government employees or those in formal employment, NHIF registration is mandatory.
Online NHIF Registration Requirements for Self-Employed Kenyans
For a smooth online registration process, you'll need to prepare the following documents:
- A copy of your original ID
- A recent passport-sized photo (and one of your spouse, if applicable)
- An affidavit or marriage certificate (if you're registering a spouse)
NHIF Registration Process for Foreign Residents
Non-Kenyan residents can also register with NHIF. You'll need the following:
- A copy of your passport or alien certificate
- A recent passport-sized photo
Step-By-Step Guide to Online NHIF Registration for Self-Employed Kenyans
- Visit the NHIF registration page
- Click on the 'Self Employed' menu and select 'Register Now.'
- Fill in the registration form with your details.
- Select your identification type (Kenyan Identity Card or Alien Identity Card).
- Attach your identification document and passport photo.
- If applicable, attach your marriage certificate or affidavit.
- Review your details, then click 'CLICK TO CONFIRM.'
- Save your details.
You'll receive a confirmation SMS from NHIF once you've successfully registered. After this, you can contribute KSh 500 per month to enjoy NHIF services. Your NHIF card will be active after a waiting period of three months.
Adding Spouse and Dependents to NHIF
To add your spouse and dependents to your NHIF account, visit the nearest NHIF or Huduma Centre with the following documents:
- Copy of your ID and your spouse's ID
- Birth certificates of your dependents
- Colored passport-sized photos of your spouse and dependents
- Affidavit or marriage certificate
Paying for NHIF through Mpesa Paybill
Follow these simple steps to pay your NHIF contribution via the Mpesa paybill:
- Choose the Pay Bill option.
- Enter the NHIF Business no. 200222.
- Use your national ID number as the account number.
- Enter the contribution amount.
- Confirm the details and enter your M-PESA pin.
Services Covered by NHIF
NHIF provides several health covers, including:
- Inpatient services
- Outpatient services
- Civil Servants schemes
- Linda Mama services
- NHIF Supa/Super cover
Ensuring health insurance is one of the most responsible decisions, especially if you are self-employed. Fortunately, NHIF online registration for self-employed Kenyans is a straightforward process. It gives you access to various services that save you from unexpected health expenses. Just prepare all the necessary documents before you begin to ensure a smooth process.
What's Your Reaction?