Safaricom Internship 2024/2025: Open Vacancies, Salaries, Requirements, and How to Apply
Looking for an internship that offers real-world application? Safaricom provides internship opportunities in different fields.
Are you a student pursuing a degree or a recent graduate seeking practical experience? Safaricom, the telecommunications giant, offers internship opportunities that can kickstart your career journey. This article will explore Safaricom's internship program, including available vacancies, qualifications, application procedures, salaries, etc.
Safaricom, a renowned telecommunications company in Kenya, provides internship programs for students and recent graduates. These internships offer valuable corporate experience, helping participants bridge the gap between academic knowledge and real-world application. By interning at Safaricom, you can enhance your skills, build a solid career foundation, and potentially open doors to future job opportunities.
Available Internship Opportunities
Safaricom offers internship opportunities in various fields, including:
- Business Administration/Management
- IT/Computer Science
- Human Resource
- Public Relations
- Sales and Marketing
- Product Management
To learn about the available internships, visit Safaricom's official website and navigate to the career section. Keep in mind that internship slots are typically advertised in March. If you don't see any openings, it may be because the application window has yet to open or has already closed.
Safaricom Internship Qualifications
Before applying for a Safaricom internship, make sure you meet the following qualifications:
- Academic Status: Applicants should be in their final or third year of university studies or have graduated within the past year.
- Commitment: Interns must commit to a three-month internship without interruptions from school or personal responsibilities. The training requires full-time availability from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 PM.
- Availability: You should only apply for an internship during the selected quarter of the year. Safaricom's internship periods are as follows:
- January to March
- April to June
- July to September
- October to December
4. Duration: Interns must complete their three-month internship without requesting an extension. However, they can apply for available graduate positions within Safaricom to continue their career journey.
The Safaricom STEM Internship
Safaricom offers a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) internship program. This program focuses on absorbing students with relevant STEM backgrounds into software engineering, data analytics, and network engineering departments. STEM interns gain exposure to cutting-edge technology trends and receive mentorship from Safaricom's technology experts. Successful STEM interns may even have the opportunity for permanent employment at Safaricom.
Safaricom Internship Salary
While Safaricom has not officially disclosed the monthly stipend for interns, reputable Kenyan job review websites estimate it to be in the range of Ksh. 25,000 to Ksh. 35,000 per month. These estimates are based on information shared by former and current Safaricom interns. It's essential to note that this stipend aligns with industry standards for public and private internships.
How to Apply for a Safaricom Internship
Follow these steps to apply for an internship at Safaricom:
- Visit the Safaricom career page and click on the "Internships" tab.
- Browse the available internship divisions, such as Finance, Technology, Internal Audit, Business Development, and more.
- Select the division that aligns with your university course.
- Choose the quarter of the year when you will be available for the internship. Ensure you select a period when you won't attend classes to commit fully to the training.
- Fill out the application form, attach the required documents, and include an updated CV.
- Double-check that all your details are accurate, and then submit your application.
Safaricom encourages persons with disabilities and female candidates to apply. Remember that canvassing is not allowed and may result in automatic disqualification.
Safaricom's internship program offers students and recent graduates an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience, develop valuable skills, and kickstart their careers. Adhering to the application process and qualifications mentioned in this guide can increase your chances of securing an internship with this telecommunications giant. Take advantage of this chance to learn from industry experts and contribute to Safaricom's success.
When are Safaricom internship programs offered?
Safaricom offers internships quarterly, with periods in January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December.
How can I find available Safaricom internship opportunities?
Visit Safaricom's official website and navigate to the career section. Look for the "Internships" tab to find details about available positions.
What are the qualifications for Safaricom internships?
Applicants should be in their final or third year of university studies or have graduated within the past year. They must commit to a three-month internship and be available during the selected quarter.
Is there a stipend for Safaricom interns?
While Safaricom has not officially disclosed the stipend, it is estimated to be in the range of Ksh. 25,000 to Ksh. 35,000 per month.
Can STEM interns at Safaricom secure permanent employment after their internship?
Yes, successful STEM interns may have the opportunity for permanent employment at Safaricom, primarily if they perform well during their internship.