Soma Label KRA App: Here Is How To Verify the Authenticity of Your Purchases
Ensure your purchases are genuine with the innovative Soma Label app. Protect your health and make informed choices today!
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) continues to take concrete actions against counterfeit products by encouraging the public's use of the "Soma Label" app. This innovative solution leverages technology to ensure consumers' purchases of water, juice, and alcohol products are genuine, thus promoting health and safety while upholding legitimate business operations.
Deciphering the Soma Label App
Recognizing Counterfeit Concerns
Counterfeit goods, with their potential risks to public health and safety, have grown into a widespread concern that hampers the growth of legitimate businesses. The Soma Label app is KRA's solution to this mounting issue, providing consumers with a handy tool that verifies the genuineness of their purchases.
User-Friendly and Easily Accessible
The Soma Label app is a user-friendly application available for download on Android and iOS devices. It is easily accessible on the PlayStore (https://bit.ly/3MykxJl) and the Appstore (https://apple.co/45urHXG), ensuring a wide range of consumers can use it.
Promoting Responsible Consumption
By enabling consumers to check product authenticity, the KRA aims to foster responsible consumption while protecting the public from potential health risks and financial losses due to counterfeit goods. This initiative creates a fair market environment, discouraging the sale of illicit goods and boosting legitimate businesses.
How Soma Label Works
Scrutinizing Security Features
The app's function is straightforward. Users launch the Soma Label app and focus their smartphone's camera on the excise tax stamp on the product. Its advanced algorithms then identify the stamp's security features, designed to be tamper-proof and resilient against counterfeiting.
Immediate Verification of Authenticity
In seconds, the app returns a result indicating whether the excise tax stamp is authentic or counterfeit, ensuring consumers purchase legitimate and safe products.
Retrieving Detailed Product Information
Once the app confirms an excise tax stamp as authentic, it accesses the track & trace system to retrieve specific product-related information, including its origin, manufacturing date, and more.
Anonymous Usage and Fraud Reporting
All interactions with the Soma Label app are conducted anonymously, enabling users to report any suspicious activities associated with scanned products confidently.
READ ALSO: How to File KRA iTax Returns Online in Kenya
Official Reminder and Guidance from KRA
In light of the Excise Duty Act 2015 and the VAT Act 2013, KRA reminds all parties dealing with excisable goods, including manufacturers, importers, distributors, wholesalers, and retailers, of their obligations:
- It's illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess goods without excise stamps or with counterfeit stamps.
- Distributing, selling, or possessing any excisable goods produced or imported by unlicensed individuals is unlawful.
- Manufacturers of packaging materials must refrain from producing counterfeit materials or creating packaging for excisable goods without licensed manufacturers' authority.
- All VAT-registered suppliers must issue tax invoices upon selling or delivering taxable goods and services. All parties involved should demand proper tax invoices upon purchase.
Non-compliance with these laws will result in sanctions and penalties, including prosecution, closure of premises, seizure of goods, and more.
KRA encourages everyone to utilize the Soma Label app and contribute to the fight against counterfeit products, fostering a safer and more reliable marketplace. This mobile application is the public's weapon to verify product authenticity and make informed choices.
Disclaimer: This article is intended as a general guide and is not official government or legal advice. For more specific information, contact the KRA directly.
1. What is the Soma Label app? The Soma Label app is a mobile application developed by KRA to enable consumers to verify the authenticity of their water, juice, and alcohol products.
2. How does the Soma Label app work? The app works by allowing users to scan the excise tax stamp on a product. It verifies the stamp's authenticity and provides detailed product information if the stamp is genuine.
3. Where can I download the Soma Label app? The app is available for download on the PlayStore for Android users and the Appstore for iOS users.
4. Can I report suspicious products through the Soma Label app? Yes, the Soma Label app allows anonymous reporting of suspicious or fraudulent activities related to the products scanned.
5. What are the penalties for not complying with the Excise Duty Act 2015 and the VAT Act 2013? Non-compliance with these laws can result in sanctions and liabilities, including prosecution, closure of premises, seizure, and destruction of goods at the offender's cost.
6. How does the Soma Label app help fight against counterfeit products? The Soma Label app empowers consumers to verify product authenticity, promoting responsible consumption and protecting citizens from potential health hazards and financial losses associated with counterfeit items. This initiative supports legitimate businesses and discourages illicit trade.