Troubleshooting the HELB App: Common Issues and Solutions
Having trouble with the HELB App? Learn how to troubleshoot common issues and find solutions in this comprehensive guide.
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has come a long way in empowering the dreams of over 1.23 million students in Kenya. However, with the introduction of the HELB App, a digital solution designed to streamline loan applications and other related processes, users have faced multiple challenges. For those of you who've experienced glitches, freezes, or the dreaded "app not working" notification, this guide is for you. Read on to learn how to troubleshoot and find solutions to common HELB App issues.
A Brief Overview of HELB and Its Mobile App
Before diving into the troubleshooting steps, let's understand what HELB is and its purpose.
Founded in July 1995, the Higher Education Loans Board is a state corporation operating under the Ministry of Education in Kenya. With a clear mission to provide sustainable financing for Kenyan students pursuing higher education, the board has overseen the realization of numerous dreams, culminating in a whopping 26 billion Kenyan Shillings in completed loan repayments. The organization aims to grow from 4.8 billion Kshs in 2021 to 14 billion Kshs by 2030.
The HELB App was developed to facilitate more accessible access to loans, update personal details, make repayments, and engage with customer support, among other features. Yet, with the adoption of this technological solution, some issues have arisen.
Common HELB App Issues and Solutions
1. Phone is Blocked
When you input the wrong PIN too often, the app may display a message saying your phone number is blocked. This is a safety feature designed to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
- Wait patiently. The system usually unblocks numbers automatically after 2 hours. In some cases, this may take up to 24 hours.
- If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the app from the official app store.
2. Missing Institution Details
If the app can't find your institution's details, there might be two causes: either your details are incorrect/not updated, or the app has a technical glitch.
- Update your details: Navigate to "Account" then "Institution details" to edit and update the necessary information.
- If you're sure of the accuracy of your details and the problem continues, update the app to its latest version on the Google Play Store.
3. Phone Number Issues
The app only accepts one phone number associated with your account. If you change your number or face errors related to it, you may encounter issues.
- If you've changed your number, ensure to update it in the system.
- Reinstall the app and enter your current phone number.
- Contact HELB customer care to assist with updating your phone number details.
4.No Option to Select Loan Amount
The app doesn't provide a field to select the desired loan amount when applying for subsequent loans.
Solution: The loan amount is determined based on your previous allocation. So, if you received Ksh 60,000 before, expect the same amount in your subsequent application.
5. Application Disqualification
There are instances where the app might inform you that you don't qualify for an application.
- Reinstall or update the app and try again.
- Instead of the app, use the online portal or the USSD code (*642#) to apply.
- Contact the HELB customer center via email or visit their offices at the Mezannine 1 floor on Anniversary Towers in Nairobi.
Why is the HELB App Experiencing These Issues?
Recent observations have shown several users experiencing app crashes, freezes, and inability to open the HELB app. While the reasons behind these challenges might vary, addressing these concerns is essential to ensure seamless loan application and repayment processes.
Technological solutions, like the HELB app, come with challenges. However, with this comprehensive guide, we hope to alleviate some of the stressors tied to these glitches. Remember, when in doubt, contacting the official HELB support channels can offer assistance tailored to your specific issue. Don't hesitate to comment below if you need further guidance; our team will do its best to assist.